"Providing Quality Analytical Services Since 1939"

Owners

Robert & Gerry Chianelli

RobertGerry

Seewald Laboratories, Inc. was established in 1939 in the basement of the West End Pharmacy Drug Store on Cemetery Street in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.  The owners were Seth Seewald and his wife Orpha.  The laboratory was primarily centered on their pharmacy business, and the first testing was done for blood sugars, water, and urine analysis.  

Seth and Orpha quickly realized there was a need provide milk and dairy testing and started offering these services.  Very quickly the laboratory business grew and soon after was relocated in the early 1950’s to an apartment at the intersection of West Fourth Street and Fourth Avenue.  This move allowed for many new testing procedures and instrumentation.  Again, the laboratory needed to expand its operations and relocated in 1952 to a new larger location which allowed the laboratory to better service its local clientele, offering better accessibility at a more visible location.  At this location many new sections and multiple technologies were incorporated into the business.  In 1956 the laboratory took on a new scope and began its environmental testing.  

In 1977, Seth and Orpha’s daughter Gerry and her husband Robert Chianelli assumed ownership of the laboratory. In the following years Seewald experienced many growth stages and grew their accreditations in multiple states for chemical and biological testing as well as dairy product analysis.  During the 1972 and 2011 floods, Seewald Laboratories, Inc. was there to provide services to protect the public health and environment.  Most recently the growth of the Marcellus Shale exploration and development caused the lab to expand to its maximum capacity and there was no choice but to relocate again.  

This time the Chianelli family designed and built a beautiful state of the art laboratory from the ground up at 2829 Reach Road.  The much needed facility now has significant laboratory space to allow for future expansion and growth.  This new laboratory allows for smooth sample drop off and easy client access as well as significant space to house all of its operations.  

Since this relocation the laboratory has increased its capabilities to become a National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP) facility. This increased scope has allowed us to expand our services into neighboring states such as New York, Maryland, and Delaware. This along with becoming a US Food and Drug Administration registered testing laboratory we have grown our operations to service a new tier of clientele.

Over the past seventy five plus years, the laboratory has experienced many changes and relocations, but one thing has remained constant: we are still a private family-owned, and operated environmental and agricultural testing laboratory.  

Please stop by and say hello!